My Extra Day Off

Who else could use just one more day off? :-) Why aren’t four day weekends a thing?

After an early bedtime last night, my day started early. I was pretty hungry once I woke up, so I had a bowl of Vanilla Chex + a cup of coffee.

PD_1

That’s a full brew of coffee, it’s just a giant mug!

I am loving this creamer that I found out Target on Saturday:

PD_2

I’m sure by now you guys know that I’m Dunkin’-obsessed!

As I was getting ready for my shopping trip, I got a call from the car dealer (my car was in for an inspection + oil change). Of course, they rattled off a list of all sorts of 30,000 mile maintenance my car “needed” and then hit me with the grand $total$. Talk about a buzz kill for my shopping trip!

Anyway, my mom and I still ventured out to the outlets, and I got two tops from Ann Taylor LOFT!

After the outlets, we went to lunch at a new-to-me place, Elevation Burger. They use only high quality, organic ingredients for their food.

PD_4

I got a cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce and it was fantastic! We also split a serving of French fries, and I washed it all down with my favorite, Coke Zero.

Afterwards, my mom dropped me off at the car dealer to pick up my car where I was told it would be a few more hours. Okay, time to rant… I dropped my car off last night. Is it just me, or shouldn’t that ensure that it’s the first appointment of the day?! I voiced my discontent (to put it nicely!) with the service manager and he basically said it was my fault for not indicating what time I’d be there to pick up the car. Oooookay then.

I was feeling pretty grouchy until I got home and saw this face:

PD_3

Look at those pug paws!

The rest of my afternoon was spent working on some painting, and now I need to get my breakfast/lunch together for tomorrow since it’s back to work!

Me vs. the car dealership—who wins? Say me! Let me just add, this isn’t the first bad experience I’ve had at the same place. I guess I’ll take responsibility for going back after already experiencing poor customer service!

Have you ever tried Elevation Burger?

What was your breakfast this morning?

If you had the day off, what did you do?

They only have a few locations! We went to one in Collegeville, which is obviously a pretty big hike from you! They are opening one in Reading/Wyomissing soon though!

1. Stephanie @ My Freckled Life says:

That’s crazy!! I’m a firm believer that if someone doesn’t give me decent customer service, then I just dont go back again. After working in retail for several years in HS and college, I know it’s really not that difficult to put in a little extra effort to make sure customers are happy and getting good service. So I immediately lose response for those that don’t treat their customers well. I hope everything gets figured out with your car!!
    Stephanie @ My Freckled Life recently posted..We only wear pink on Wednesday.My Profile

I so agree! I mean, I even had one foot out the door and the guy was still trying to justify what happened! I wanted to be like, JUST SHUT UP! lol

Thank you, I definitely agree!!! They never asked me what time I would be there and I always assumed that dropping my car off overnight so it was there first thing in the morning ensured that I was the first appointment of the day!

2. Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife says:

I feel like they should at least have given you a time range on when your car would be done !? right? That’s what normal car places do !!! This has happened to me too and they always say my car needs something, is it just me or do you not believe them either… hmmmm

Yes, definitely! Apparently this car dealer is not normal! lol And yeah, I definitely don’t think my car “needed” half of the stuff the told me, BUT it’s a lease (THANK GOD the lease is almost up!) so I always feel like I need to do the requested maintenance!