If you’re a regular reader, it’s no breaking news that I love overnight oats.
It’s my breakfast of choice most days of the week, and I’m always hard-pressed to find anything that keeps me as full throughout the entire morning (I rarely need an AM snack, but I usually have one anyway!). I’ve been eating this breakfast for years now, and I think I’ve got the “formula” down pretty well!
Night Before Ingredients (I eyeball everything; you don’t have to be exact!)
- About ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- About 1 tsp. chia seeds (these help to “fluff up” the texture)
- 1 heaping tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- Sweetener of choice (I use a few drops of NuNaturals liquid Stevia. Brown sugar works well, too!)
- About 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (There should be enough to cover all of the oats with a thin “layer” of milk on top.)
- 1 heaping tsp. (or hey, go for a heaping tbsp.!) nut butter of choice (peanut butter for me!)
- About 1 tsp. mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- A light drizzle of honey (optional)
I mix it all up and dig right in—delicious! I personally prefer my overnight oats cold, but warming them up is definitely an option. Also, for any other cake-obsessed sweet tooths out there, I’ve got a cake batter overnight oats “recipe” that you can check out here.
Who else loves overnight oats? Who hates them and why? If you’re a fan, how do you make yours?