It feels like it has been ages since I’ve shared a new recipe! The truth is, I’ve been a little lazy lately and it has been easier to go with the “stand-bys” rather than create anything new.
This is a “set it and forget it” recipe that’s perfect for football season and the impending cold weather. I used the sausage to make sandwiches, but you could also cut them up and serve it over rice or pasta. You guys know I love a versatile (and easy!) recipe.
Crockpot Sausage with Semi-Homemade Sauce
- 28 oz. whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- Sausage (I used Aidells chicken sausage.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend tomatoes in a blender with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour mixture into the crockpot, and add peppers and onions. Stir to combine.
- Add sausage links and cook on low for a minimum of 6 hours.
I of course made sure to get lots of extra sauce on my sandwich!
In un-related life news, can I just take a minute to say how excited I am to be heading to SweatUSA this weekend thanks to Fitfluential and Reebok?!?! I’m dying. Make sure you’re following me on Twitter and Instagram for updates throughout the weekend. I’ll do my best to check in on Sunday, but you might not hear from me again until Monday!
Do you have a favorite fall crockpot recipe? Feel free to include a link!