Few things smell fresher and more summery than lemon. As I was making this recipe, I found myself completely obsessed with the aroma of the lemons and decided I would go out of my way to incorporate this acidic fruit into more of my summer dishes!
Lemon and Garlic Chicken
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 lbs. of bone-in, skin-on split chicken breasts (I’m sure you could also use boneless, skinless, but I prefer the extra flavor!)
- 3/4 c. light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (I buy the pre-minced, jarred garlic to save time.)
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring mix salad (optional, as a side)
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries (again, optional, as an addition to the side salad)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Arrange lemon slices on the bottom of a large glass baking dish. Place chicken on top of lemon slices.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Mix dressing and garlic and pour 3/4 of the mixture on the chicken. Reserve the remaining dressing mixture for the salad.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until chicken is done and skin is golden brown.
- Slice chicken and serve with a spring mix side salad, topped with the remaining dressing and dried cranberries.
What’s your favorite way to prepare chicken?
Other Favorite Chicken Recipes: