A Weird Week

***I still haven’t heard from 2 of the NuNaturals giveaway winners! Please check this post to see if you’ve won and send me your mailing info ASAP (4thesakeofcake@gmail.com)!***

Hey everyone!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes/comments/tweets!

photo 2

It was a great day! Chris’s gift to me was scheduling a massage after the half marathon (yay!!!), and Stewie got me a lovely Edible Arrangement:

photo 1

He’s got quite the budget for a pug, wouldn’t you say? ;-) The cupcake shaped things are chocolate covered pineapple and they’re delicious!

I also got some $cash$ (from my family, not Chris – that would be weird), which is awesome because I’m saving for an iPad mini. I can’t justify just randomly going out and spending a few hundred dollars on an item like that, so I’ve been saving random moolah here and there and I’ve almost got enough to go get one! I feel like my tween self saving up money for a new outfit at Limited too (or should I say “Justice”?!).

I also got this new cookbook from my friend Sara:

photo 3

I’m excited to flip through it and try out some new recipes!

Even though I had a good birthday, I still haven’t really bounced back from Monday’s crummy day.

Everyone has a bad day from time to time, but this is turning into such a weird week… something just feels off. Monday, as you know, was no good. On my birthday I woke up with a pounding headache and wasn’t able to shake it until early afternoon. I also forgot my coffee in my car, so the lack of caffeine was not helping anything. Today, I was running late and forgot my phone at home (don’t worry – Chris dropped it off at work for me!). I’ve just generally been a frazzled mess. I can’t shake it. On top of all that, I feel like this week is progressing at a snail’s pace. I think it’s because I’m so anxious to hit “restart,” it’s just seeming to drag on slower than normal.

I have no real problems to complain about, I just wish I could turn things around!

The plan for tonight is an early bedtime (which will hopefully help me to not be running late in the morning). Tomorrow, I’m going to do my best to wake up with a better attitude and try to break myself out of this funk!

Do you have an iPad? Is it worth the money? Any recommendations for where I can find a cute case?

OR…

Tell me something positive that has happened to you this week!

I was really surprised that Chris (oh, I mean Stewie!) remembered that I had mentioned wanting to receive one a few weeks back! The fruit is really good!

1. Chelsie says:

Hi Erica! I’ve been following your blog for sometime but never commented until now!

I’m not sure if you’re interested in a cute case or durable case but I swear by the Otterbox! It may be a little bigger, heavier and not that cheap but it is also worry free! It comes with a neat cover/stand for your iPad too. I definitely think it’s worth it!
    Chelsie recently posted..WIAW: Got Milk?My Profile

Hi Chelsie! Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve heard great things about Otterbox! I didn’t realize they made iPad cases; for some reason I thought they were just iPhone cases. Good to know!

Happy Belated Birthday! I love getting money as a gift because you can get what you REALLY need/want. Edible arrangements are amazing! HOW CUTE IS THAT CUPCAKE!?

I hope your week gets better. I know it’s tough having a rough week as a teacher, too, because you tend to get frazzled during lessons and things just seem to amplified by 100. Take a deep breath and get through the week. Sometimes talking to your students can even make you feel so much better!
    Lauren recently posted..More Chips Than DoritosMy Profile

Actual instructional time has been the one aspect that’s been OK this week! haha I just have to get the rest of my life together!

3. Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill says:

Sorry I’m late–happy belated birthday!

Off days/weeks are the worst, but just try to stay positive and remember that things eventually will get better and work out the way that they are supposed to.

I have an iPad and I LOVE it! I use it all the time–definitely worth the money. I have a case from J.Crew; not very protective, but I’ve never dropped it before.
    Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Fashion Week EssentialsMy Profile

4. Katie @ running4cupcakes says:

I love my iPad and use it way more than I even thought I would. I think big purchases like that are better when you do save up for them, rather than just buying it on an immpulse. I totally get how you are feeling this week. I had a week like that a little bit ago – it was like nothing was easy and seemed like everything was taking forever. I think we have to go thru times like that to get to the good times!
    Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Dripping on Capri IslandMy Profile

My sister said she uses hers for books a lot, but I have a Nook so that’s why I’m considering if I really NEED it?! In all honesty, I’m 99.9% sure I’m getting it… need or not! lol What size do you have? 16GB?

5. Leslee @ herhappybalance says:

Your edible arrangement looks fantastic! I want chocolate and sprinkle covered pineapple :) And it’s too funny that you mentioned Limited Too. That was all the rage in elementary school! Sorry you’re having an off week, but it’s the weekend!!! I don’t have an iPad but they look like so much fun! And something positive, I just got accepted into Sweatpink :) Oh and it’s Friday. TGIF!!!!
    Leslee @ herhappybalance recently posted..Super Exciting Friday Favorites!My Profile

6. Corrie Anne says:

I have a hard time spending money on little electronic things I want too — Kevin got an iPad as his MBA grad gift — from ourselves. We like it, but I prefer to use my Macbook. I only really use it for piano teaching apps and to show stuff to my students.
    Corrie Anne recently posted..Early Bird Date NightMy Profile

I don’t have a Macbook and I can just sense that my current computer is going to take a crap soon so I’m thinking an iPad might be a nice backup. Must. not. get. disconnected. LOL

I was so surprised my husband remembered — we sent two Edible Arrangements to two women who helped us a lot with buying a house and when I ordered them I said to him “I wish someone would send ME one of these!” haha Dropping a hint works!!!