Ever since Christmas, I’ve come a bit unhinged.
I’m sure most of you can agree that it’s difficult to stay on track – eating healthfully and working out regularly – during the holidays. Heck, it’s hard to do those things during the ordinary day-to-day.
After Christmas and New Year’s, I knew I needed to make a conscious effort to watch what I was eating and perhaps shed a few of those annoying pounds I put on after taking one too many cookies from the Christmas platter.
I was introduced to the Lose It! website and app, and have found it helpful in keeping track of what I’m eating, and how much energy I’m expending during my workouts.
First and foremost, I want to stress that Lose It! isn’t just an app. As I stated above, it’s a website, too. I find it convenient – and sometimes easier – to input my daily eats when I’m at the computer as opposed to always having to do so on my phone.
There are many other great advantages to Lose It! Some of my favorites…
- Bar code scanner – While the food database on Lose It! is plentiful, there is also the option to scan a product’s bar code and obtain the nutritional stats that way. (You can also manually enter information about a product/food).
- Set and track goals – When first registering for Lose It! the user inputs his/her goals – how much weight they want to lose and in what period of time they hope to do so. Lose It! then helps the user visualize their goals and timeline for weight loss. You can weigh in as frequently as you’d like, and Lose It! shows your progress in chart form.
Home screen of the app, before entering in any data for the day
- Connect with friends – This website and app allows users to connect with and help motivate their friends as well as create groups for even more motivation!
- A plentiful exercise database – Lose It! isn’t just about food… you can enter in your physical activity for the day and Lose It! will “credit” you those calories burned. There are tons of exercises to chose from – seriously, anything you can think of!
- Reward badges – Users are awarded badges for various accomplishments, both big and small. It may seem sort of silly, but I really like stuff like this! Who doesn’t like getting a gold star for a job well done? It’s all about celebrating small victories, and the badges help users to do just that!
The Lose It! website and app (available for iPhone and Android) are free to use, but there’s also a paid, “premium” version. So, what’s the difference? Premium features are as follows:
- Users have the ability to set more goals.
- You are able to link your Lose It! account to other devices, such as the Nike+ Running app and the Fitbit Ultra activity tracker.
- Users are able to create challenges and invite other users to help with motivation.
The premium service is $39.99/year or just over $3/month… well worth it, especially if you’re looking to up the motivational factor.
Overall, I was impressed with the service that Lose It! provides. The database is ample, it’s very user friendly, and the added extras – like reward badges and bar code scanner – improve the service overall.
Have you ever used Lose It? Do you count calories or keep a food journal? I wasn’t doing this to obsess over calories, but I do find that keeping a food journal makes me much more mindful of what I’m eating!
I was provided with a free premium membership in partnership with Fitfluential, LLC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You didn’t think I’d forget to announce the NuNaturals giveaway winners, did you?
The four winners are…
#1 – Danielle
#2 – Allie
#3 – Cassie
#4 – Stephanie
Congrats ladies! Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your mailing info, and I’ll pass it along to NuNaturals!
Thanks to everyone for entering! If you didn’t win, don’t worry – you can enter the discount code “BLG0613” on any NuNaturals order and receive 15% off!