Thanksgiving 2012

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving with your family.

Our first stop yesterday was my parents’ house, where our family celebration was taking place.

TG1

Me and Chris

TG2

Me and my sister

“Dinner” (lunch, really) was ready quickly!

TG3

We had all of the usuals… turkey (of course) cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, corn, potato filling, sweet potato casserole (my contribution!) and rolls. I added a little bit of everything to my plate.

TG4

I went back for seconds of the potato filling, green beans, and sweet potatoes. Everything was so yummy.

Of course, dessert wasn’t far behind.

TG5

As you can see, I forgot to snap a photo before digging in, but I had a piece of pumpkin pie along with a pumpkin whoopie pie (another one of my contributions).

After spending some more time with my family, Chris and I headed over to his parents’ house. Luckily, our families only live about 5 minutes apart, so it’s an easy trip.

I ate pretty much everything that I had at my parents’… Thanksgiving “take two.” For dessert, I had a piece of cherry pie that my sister-in-law, Andrea, made; delicious!

After we left my in-laws – about 9:30PM – I headed to Target. I’m definitely not someone who goes “all out” on Black Friday, but I saw an $8 waffle iron advertised in their circular, and I wanted to pick one up. Clearly, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

The parking lot was packed, the lines were out of control, and they were already sold out of the waffle maker.

Luckily, they had re-stocked by the time my mom and I ventured out again this afternoon! I was pumped to finally get a waffle iron (I’ve been wanting one for a little while now) and bought some red velvet mix to try out tomorrow.

BF1

I also got a good deal on 2 large candles from Bath and Body Works. Colleen posted about the two for $20 deal this morning, and the cinnamon frosting and twisted peppermint scents called out to me!

Another exciting Black Friday purchase? New running shoes!

BF2

I went to a local running store – A Running Start – and got properly fitted. After being shown a few different styles, I settled on these Saucony Guide 6s.  I can’t wait to get out there and give them a try… probably on Sunday!

I returned home to a pizza that Chris picked up while I was out shopping. Now, we’re settled in for a quiet evening at home… typical. :-)

What was your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Are you a Black Friday shopper? What was your best deal of the day? I also picked up two tops at LOFT (for myself, ha!) and a bunch of little items for a Secret Santa exchange that I participate in at work.

You had a successful Thanksgiving! Wooooooo for running shoes! I should have asked for some for my birthday! What was I thinking?!
    For Thanksgiving ….I ended up staying at home (pretty much alone) so the little one didn’t catch any yuckyness from 40+ people’s germs lurking around, especially since they would all want to love on him…….. I ate leftover sushi; (I’m obviously not the brightest crayon in the box!) it ended up giving me some sort of yucky food poising. Soooooooooo sick! Booooo! BUT, I’m all better now :)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Lock up your almond butter….My Profile

2. Eileen Klang says:

I switched to Saucony’s about 2 years ago after having knee and hip pain on the recommendation of a marathon runner I worked with. Best shoe EVER, I’ll never buy another kind of running shoe. Hope they help!!

3. Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian says:

I’m glad you had a great thanksgiving! I went and got fitted for running shoes while I was home as well and got Saucony’s too! Cortana 2′s for me. I’ve never tried them before, but I went out for a run in them yesterday (2nd run since the stress fracture) and they were like clouds! Enjoy!
    Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Giving ThanksMy Profile

I was hoping to try them out today, but my legs are SO sore from a class I took on Friday! Waiting for that to subside so I can really tell if they help!

4. luv what you do says:

I love your new running shoes! Those look sweet! I did alittle black friday shopping. I bought half of old navy for a great deal but the best would be teh new coat I got for $19. Perfect timing since my coat got stolen from a bar this weekend!
    luv what you do recently posted..Enjoy Every MileMy Profile

I bought a coat at Old Navy YEARS ago, and I get complimented on almost every time I wear it! Hope yours proves to be as well-liked! :-)

5. Diane @ life of di. says:

- Love the running shoes!
    - How awesome that you found a waffle maker for $8. I wish I would’ve gone out to find little deals like this. :)
    - The Thanksgiving food looks so good! I have to admit that I missed my aunt’s homemade cooking this year. We ate dinner at a country club (Marty’s grandma is having some health problems and so we all went to his uncles country club instead) and although it was good food, there is something special about a home-cooked meal! YUM!
    Diane @ life of di. recently posted..Thanksgiving: New Traditions.My Profile

6. Jessie says:

Between your Thanksgiving meals, and all of your shopping.. you had a very successful Thanksgiving weekend! I absolutely love the yellow sweater on you too btw. That is one color that i just feel looks so “blah” on me, Ha Ha.
    Jessie recently posted..Marvelous In My MondayMy Profile

Ah, I guess I should’ve explained… I’m *pretty* sure it’s a PA Dutch thing?! lol Not that we’re PA Dutch or anything, but I’m thinking it’s more common around where I live? YES, similar to mashed potatoes!