Happy Friday, folks!
This evening, I have a simple avocado salsa recipe to share with you all. If you follow me on Instagram (username = elukes25), then you may have seen a preview last night!
The credit for this recipe goes to family friend & awesome graphic designer, Kristin. Kristin actually went to high school with my sister & designed all of the various stationery for my wedding last year. (Side note: I can’t recommend her work enough; be sure to check out her Etsy store!)
Last year for my bridal shower, Kristin gave me a recipe box with very cute recipe cards & included directions for chicken with lime & avocado salsa.
I followed her recipe as a guide, & it turned out wonderfully. Like the original recipe suggested, I served a very hearty portion of the salsa atop boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cooked mine in a skillet, but grilled chicken would be a fantastic option here!). I enjoyed the salsa so much that I plan to make another batch again soon just to keep on hand for healthy snacking. Enjoy!
- 3 large avocados, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- About 3 tbsp. lime juice (I just eyeballed this.)
- Squirt of lemon juice (I added this to help prevent the avocado from browning, since I always save leftovers for my second-shift-working husband!)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use to top anything you desire! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you’re entertaining this summer, this would be the perfect addition to your menu & would surely be a crowd-pleaser… very fresh & flavorful!
What are some of your favorite salsa ingredients? There is an Archer Farms salsa sold at Target that I believe is peach mango? Something like that! It’s fantastic; I love the idea of incorporating fruity flavors.