Moving is not Fun

Hey everyone! Sorry I went MIA yesterday! If you can believe it, our whole “housing situation” was still up in the air as of yesterday… we’re moving on Saturday & still weren’t 100% sure where exactly we were moving to.

The last time I caught you all up, we were planning on renting for the next year. Luckily for us, something better worked out, but there were many, many kinks that needed to be ironed out, but I think we’re finally settled. Good thing, too, since we’re moving in oh, 2 days!

I’ll “reveal” the details of everything once we’re all settled, but until then I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else happens to mess up the whole deal. I don’t see how anything could, but I also could not have foreseen what a complete disaster this whole home buying thing would become, so what do I know?! ;-)

The majority of my day today was spent meeting with people, writing checks (goodbye money!), & packing. I still have quite a bit of packing to do & not much time to do it. I only have myself to blame, really, but with all the stress of actually nailing down a place to live, the actual packing part fell by the wayside.

This is what I’m currently living in (I can’t take it!):

Look at the pug all curled up… not a care in the world!

Ahhh!

I’m a self-professed neat freak, so to be living amongst boxes is driving me batty.

I did manage to snap a few pictures of what I ate today. It’s nothing impressive – what I’d call “moving food” – random things that I could find or purchase for not too much money (we need every penny we can get!).

Breakfast…

With a side of Tazo Awake tea (love this stuff!!!) & blog reading (hi Lauren!)

Quick lunch from WaWa

Dinner = frozen pizza from Target

And there you have it! I’ve also consumed many more peanut butter & jelly sandwiches than I’d care to admit over the past few days.

I can’t wait to move, get settled, & get back to eating some “real food.”

I highly doubt I’ll get a chance to blog tomorrow, & I know I won’t over the weekend; our cable/internet won’t be set up until Tuesday. I may try to post on Monday if I can mooch some wi-fi somewhere, but if not I’ll definitely be back to blogland Tuesday!

Wish us luck! Or at least wish me luck that I’ll be able to get everything packed by 9:00AM Saturday!

When’s the last time you moved? Any tips to streamline the process? I have moved every year for the past 4 years! (From college to home, from home to my own apartment, from my apartment to back home, from home to my current apartment, & oh yeah, this weekend… so I guess 5 moves total!) Needless to say, I’m so happy we’ll be settled somewhere permanent! Moving is the pits.

I am thankful that the house we are moving into is new construction! We were all about getting an older home, but ultimately I couldn’t have handled that on top of everything else we’ve had to deal with! Hope everything comes together quickly for you!

I totally get this! We moved a few times when we built our house last year and it’s definitely a stressful process. Hang in there girl, it’s all worth it. :) Can’t wait to hear more about the deets!

I have been in the same house for almost two years now! Hooray! ….but before that I moved 8 times in 4.5 years- totally blew! I feel your pain!! It will soon be over (for now) and you can breathe again! ….I hope that all works out and that this will be your last move before something more permanent.
    Sending you happy home moving thoughts! :)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 29 & Week 30 of growing our BLESSINGMy Profile

It’s definitely very overwhelming! We’re taking everything one step (& room) at a time… for our sanity & bank account’s sake! We figure we’re going to be here for a LONG time, so there’s no rush!

3. Sarah @Blonde Bostonian says:

Good luck with the move! I think my personal version of hell would be having to pack/move/unpack every single day for eternity. I HATE it! I lived in the same house my entire life and then moved every year in college/post college once I hit 19. I’m moving in August too and hopefully (crossing my fingers) it will be the last one for a little while! Can’t wait to hear what the house situation is!
    Sarah @Blonde Bostonian recently posted..The Busy LifeMy Profile

4. Miss Meghan @ scratch-made wife says:

I haven’t had overnight oats in quite a bit, but I do love them – I should get on that. Congratulations on the blog-o-versary, and I sure hope your move is going smoothly this weekend. We closed on our house exactly three years ago yesterday (crazy how time flies!). I’m not sure if I have any good suggestions as to how to make a move easier, but I’ll tell you this much: If you have a futon, find someone else to move it with your fiance. Those things are such a pain! We moved it into this house and I vowed I’d never move it again.
    Miss Meghan @ scratch-made wife recently posted..WIAW #11 [Cake and a Big Reveal!]My Profile

5. luv what you do says:

Moving is such a drag!!! I don’t know if I have any suggestions except maybe to throw things away before you move…do a huge clean and get rid of the clothes, furniture, kitchen stuff that you don’t use.

And keep drinking TAZO Awake : ) It’s my favorite and I just saw that Starbucks sells an iced tea version.
    luv what you do recently posted..Crunchy Cookies Part IIIMy Profile

6. Baking Serendipity says:

Ugh, moving. I totally hear you on this. I packed way last minute when we moved from Phoenix to Cleveland, and while it’s driving me nuts that everything is everywhere while we’re living at my parents’ I’m so not ready to think about moving again. Wishing you all the best! I’m so glad things are working out for you :)
    Baking Serendipity recently posted..365: week twenty-sixMy Profile

7. Paige says:

How nerve wracking! I’ve only lived in one other house besides my parents – which my bf (now husband) had already bought. Before that it was just apartments!

8. corrie anne says:

Dangg.. I feel you. I’m moving this weekend!! To a house. At least it’s an exciting upgrade, right?? Last year I lived in three time zones. Lol. Dominican Republic, Minnesota, and Colorado. This year I’m hoping for just CO, but we’re moving nonetheless!
    corrie anne recently posted..4 Miles & 5 TangentsMy Profile