Hey everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start so far. My Monday wasn’t all that eventful, but I suppose that’s to be expected during summer break.
I’m so glad that you guys liked my vlog that I posted on Friday. I really want to start incorporating vlogs more often, hopefully 1 per week if I can think of enough to ramble on about!
I didn’t blog at all over the weekend because there wasn’t anything too exciting to report. On Saturday, I started my day at spin class then did a few things around the apartment before Chris & I went out to The Cheesecake Factory for a dinner date. I got a BBQ pulled pork sandwich, which was delicious, & of course you can’t go to The Cheesecake Factory & not get cheesecake, so I got a slice of red velvet to go (which I actually just finished tonight!).
Yesterday was of course Father’s Day. My mom, dad, sister, Chris, & I went out to lunch, then we gave my dad his gift – a chance to “test drive” either a Lamborghini or a Ferrari – his choice – on a closed course!
Later in the afternoon, Chris & I headed to his family’s Father’s Day celebration at his brother’s house. We were also celebrating the engagement of his brother & his girlfriend (now fiancé), so the evening was extra exciting.
Since Chris’s dad wanted to do an appetizer style dinner, I decided I wanted to make a dip as my contribution. I found this recipe for roasted eggplant & feta dip on Courtney’s blog, & it seemed simple enough so I went with it. It was delicious & happy to say there were some leftovers that I’ll be enjoying throughout the week!
That brings us to today, which was spent playing catch-up on laundry & grocery shopping. Nothing too exciting, but chores that needed to be completed!
Eats from the day included…
Overnight muesli (ordered via Swanson Vitamins) with chia seeds, blueberries, peanut butter, & honey…
Muesli is awesome, by the way (more on this in an upcoming post!)
TJ’s veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with eggplant dip & chips…
TJ’s sweet potato gnocchi with a dinner roll…
Dessert, as I mentioned above, was the last of my piece of cheesecake from Saturday. Glad that bad boy is out of sight!
Since I’m getting to this a little late in the game, I’m not going to “tag” anyone because I know a bunch of you already received the “award.” I will, however, share my 7 facts because I’m just so fascinating, after all!
(Warning: These are random!)
1) I have to wash my face before I workout in the morning. I’m actually not sure if this is weird or a common practice, but I don’t like to go to the gym or go for a run without washing my face. I know I’m just going to get super-sweaty & gross anyway, but it’s just something I have to do!
2) I’m very much a “type A/perfectionist” kind of gal, & I’ve been this way for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I actually used to get upset when my ponytail had “bumps” in it (aka, wasn’t pulled back perfectly). I can’t believe I found someone to marry me & put up with my neurosis!
3) I am obsessed with Bravo TV. It’s really a shame you can’t hand-pick the cable channels you pay for, because I’d be all set with just Bravo!
4) I have a tattoo – three pink stars on my foot!
5) I entered college as an English major – not an English education major – & wanted to be a writer. I switched my major after my freshman-year advisor told me that millions of people want to be writers & it was an unrealistic goal.
6) I love the TV show Friends. Like, really love. I would kill to participate in a Friends trivia game competition because I know I’d rock.
7) I was once told by a student that I look part Asian. When I told Chris, he said “Yeah, I could see that.” Huh?! I take after my dad who is predominantly Polish & Lithuania. I don’t see it!
Do I seem even cooler than you thought I was?
Have a great night!
Do you have any tattoos?
What television show trivia game would you rock?