WIAW – Week 11

Hi everyone!

Today, I had a hair/nail appointment after work & didn’t walk in the door until after 7:00PM. I usually try to schedule those things for the weekend, but a weekday appointment had to occur this time around (my roots were atrocious!).

Anyway, I just have a fast run-down for you all! Be sure to check out Jen’s blog for some other great What I Ate Wednesday posts!

Breakfast

Overnight oats, which contained the following:

• 2/3 c. oats
  • 1/2 c.+ milk
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla Chobani
  • Golden raisins
  • Semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. peanut butter
  • Honey
  • Cinnamon

I really packed on the toppings this morning, which made for a filling meal! As always, I had a cup of coffee too. I’m currently working on a box of Starbucks breakfast blend K-Cups.

Lunch

The home-ec teacher at my school knows how much I love Nutella, so she set aside a Nutella & berry crepe for me! I ate that right before my “real” lunch, so I wasn’t that hungry for the leftovers I had packed (undone stuffed pepper casserole). I ate about half of the leftovers & had an apple cinnamon Chobani too!

Snacks

I had a chocolate chip brownie Larabar, a banana, & a pack of Target brand fruit snacks as my snacks throughout the day! I hoped they would hold me over through my hair appointment, but my stomach was definitely empty by the time I left the salon.

Dinner

I had every intention of stopping at Subway on the way home, but a Chick-fil-A craving hit me suddenly, & I decided to give in! Even though Chick-fil-A has shown up in a WIAW post before, I rarely eat fast food. While I could have gone with the slightly healthier option of Subway, I knew I wouldn’t truly be satisfied & would probably end up eating more (an evening snack, perhaps). By giving into my craving, I felt content afterwards & didn’t end up indulging more than necessary!

Are you more likely to give into a craving, or make the healthiest choice possible? Generally, I try to make healthy food choices, but I have no problem giving into cravings every now & then.

This entry was tagged .

The app I use is called Photo Grid (I have a Droid). I haven’t messed around with it too much, but it seems like there are a lot of different options!

Ah! You have to try Chick-fil-A at least ONCE! Especially the fries… and the nuggets… and the Polynesian sauce… and the Oreo milkshake… ;-)

It is hard to satisfy a craving living where I do. 11 miles one way to the nearest grocery store and 40 miles to the nearest town with ice cream… by the time I get there, the craving is gone due to wasting $15 on gas…… However, ever since you mentioned the Blizzard of the month, the countdown is on till my next doctors appointment where I can get one! I’m craving that hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..May love….My Profile

Being that far away from a grocery store/ice cream spot is both a blessing & a curse! ;-) I’m definitely trying that Blizzard this weekend!!

2. Jentry Nielsen says:

Oh I am so jealous, I LOVE chick fil a!!! Unfortunately the town I live doesn’t have one! So sad! Every time I visit home I always have to make sure I have a meal or a few there!!! haha

That crepe looks so delicious! That is so sweet of her! I am jealous!
    Jentry Nielsen recently posted..Getting Through Finals WeekMy Profile

Yes, you’re right! I contemplated the grilled chicken for a short while, but my love for the nuggets won!

3. Alysha @Shesontherun says:

Umm, that crepe looks good! I give into mini cravings all the time (like one piece of candy, a few bites of ice cream). However, all these mini cravings add up, so I’m trying to suppress some of them!
    Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Food SurveyMy Profile

4. Tessa @ Amazing Asset says:

I think it’s fantastic that you listened to what you truly wanted! Plus chik-fil-a is a good one if you ask me… they have some great choices! I have spent years denying my cravings and it often backfires, so I am trying to get better at it now!