I’ve always found their products to be functional, super-durable, & fashionable, as far as kitchen products go!
Included in the set was one large (6.3 cup) container, plus two each of the 2 & 4 oz. containers.
OXO says that these containers are perfect for people with the following “pet peeves”:
- “Traditional containers leak & are cumbersome to open & close.”
- “Contoured lids make stacking & organizing difficult.”
- “Opaque lids obscure food making it difficult to see contents.”
Therefore, the OXO-brand containers:
- “[Have] framed lids [that] seal containers securely with one simple motion.”
- “[Have] modular stacking for refrigerator & freezer organization.”
- “[Have] clear lids [that] make contents viewable from any angle.”
First, I tried out the large container, using it to store leftover cheeseburger skillet pie.
I had quite a large portion of leftovers after I made this meal, but the serving easily fit into the large container. I kept the sealed container in the fridge, & the contents stayed fresh for several days. As mentioned above, I really love that you can see through the top of this container. This is super-convenient when trying to grab something in a hurry!
I used the smaller containers several times throughout the week as well!
I used the medium-sized container to pack up small snacks, such as mixed nuts, to bring with me to work:
I tried to capture this in the above left picture, but it’s hard to see… This container has measurements on the side, which I found to be really convenient! On one side, you can measure your food by ml. & on the other side, oz.
The smallest containers were used to transport taco salad toppings – salsa & plain Greek yogurt.
Happily, there were no messes in my lunch bag, which unfortunately happens a lot using other brands of tupperware-like containers.
Last but not least, I gave the small container the biggest test of all – salad dressing. It’s happened more than once that I’ve ended up with a dressing-covered lunch bag, so I wanted to be sure to give this product a good test-run to see how it would stand up.
Overall, I was very impressed with this product; it lived up to its claims. In addition to the containers keeping food fresh & easily transportable, I loved the durability of the containers, the fun lime green color, & the fact that they are dishwasher, microwave, & freezer safe.
I’m so happy to share that OXO sent me not one, but two sets of these LockTop Containers so that I could give one away to a lucky reader! The winner will receive exactly what I reviewed:
There are several ways to enter (please leave a separate comment for each entry):
- Mandatory – Visit the OXO website, & tell me one product you’d like to try (or tell me about an OXO product that you have & love!).
- Follow me on Twitter & tweet about this giveaway: “@4thesakeofcake is having an @OXO LockTop Container giveaway!”
- Follow OXO on Twitter.
- “Like” For the Sake of Cake on Facebook.
- “Like” OXO on Facebook.
That’s up to 5 entries!
The giveaway will be open until 12:00PM on Thursday, April 26, & I’ll announce a winner that evening. Giveaway is open to US residents only.
Disclaimer: I was provided with the LockTop Containers for free, but all opinions expressed are my own!