WIAW – Week 8

I can’t believe it’s already time for another WIAW; the weeks tend to go faster with Mondays off!

Thanks to Jen for hosting WIAW. Be sure to check out Peas & Crayons for more info. if you’re new to the “game.”

Yum! This combo is peanut butter heaven!

In addition to last night’s leftovers, I also had a black cherry Chobani.

This may not look like the prettiest thing, but the flavor combo was awesome! A few other unpictured snacks for the day included a banana & string cheese.

I had to make a pit-stop at the grocery store after work, so I swung by the salad bar to add some extra veggies to my daily eats. I ate this salad while part 2 of dinner was cooking away on the stove…

A simple dinner of pasta & meatballs, topped with parmesan.

And of course, no meal is complete without dessert…

A treat from my Easter basket! 0g trans fat & no cholesterol?!?! My what a healthy dessert! ;-) (kidding!)

I may have also snuck a peanut butter egg! I have zero self control around those babies… only 3 more to devour, then I won’t be haunted by them until next Easter.

Sadly, Chris & I received some bad news on the house we put an offer in on & we didn’t get it (guess things weren’t looking so positive after all). The other offer they received was for more than the asking price! So far the home-buying process hasn’t been too kind to us, but I was actually lucky to get the news at work – minimal time for sulking & pouting. Onto bigger & better things, I suppose!

Do you have any first-time home buyer tips? I’ve already been thinking of things I’ve learned, & will definitely write a post once we actually find a place, but I’m curious to hear from everyone else!

Nope, these are actually super-cheap frozen meatballs I buy at the grocery store but they are SO good! The brand is called “Cooked Perfect.”

1. Eileen Klang says:

I trul believe in fate and when the house you are meant to be in presents itself, you will get it!! p.s. there is a really nice house in Hamburg for sale if you are interested ;)

Sorry about the house, that is always a bummer when things don’t work out quite like you were hoping. It may be for the best and that part is exciting to think about! ….. Buying a house is such a big deal- I about had a heart attack while buying our home. My advice is to take your time; a good deal, a good fitting house, and what is supposed to happen will happen in time. Plus, you can always make a house perfect with your own touches everywhere!
    That breakfast looks out of this world with all of that pb! Mmmmmmm!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 15 & 16My Profile

3. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance says:

At one point my roommates and I were trying to move into a house, and the process did NOT go swimmingly at all. In fact, we got rejected twice, gave up, and eventually moved into the apartment we live in now.

I’m sorry you’re having such trouble :( I feel your pain!
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Lost Candy CornMy Profile

4. Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat says:

My biggest advice when buying a house is to be open- Usually there isn’t going to be a house with everything on your wishlist. For me, my two most important things were location and a big yard.

2nd- Be patient! We bought a short sale about a year and a half ago and it took around 3 months or so to finally close and move in. It was totally worth it, it was a great deal and the location is spot on!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..An OdeMy Profile

5. Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries says:

love your breakfast! i have yet to try out those PB cheerios. i need to buy some asap!
    ah girl, i’m so sorry to hear about your house. when my husband and i were house hunting, it was time consuming and discouraging at times. we just kept reminding ourselves that if we didn’t get the house, it’s not meant to be. we eventually ended up in our current house and LOVE it!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..There Is More To Life Than…My Profile

6. Rachel says:

Sorry you didn’t get the house :’(. Keep thinking positive and the right house will be yours!! Make sure you buy a house that isn’t a fixer upper. Look at everything including small things like electrical outlets. You don’t want to spend all your money on nickel and dime repairs. We learned a big lesson with our home and are so looking forward to putting it up for sale and getting a single home with a nice yard and no repairs!

Gah! Erica, I am so sorry about the house situation–SO frustrating! I cannot believe they got an offer for MORE than the asking price–WHAT THE HECK!?!??! I am right with you on the first-time home buying frustration–eek! It is so stinking hard!

However, on a better note, that peep rice krispy treat looks AMAZING! Yummo!
    Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..Fact: You Cannot Cry with Chocolate Pudding in your MouthMy Profile