My Bridal Shower

As I was cleaning out some photos from my computer the other day, I came across photos from my bridal shower & realized I never re-capped that special day on my blog! I started For the Sake of Cake just a few weeks after my bridal shower, so I’m surprised that it never made it on here!

My shower was held June 5, 2011 at a local banquet facility, Toscani.

Pretty much everything was provided & set-up for us, with the exception of our centerpieces.

My mom & sister actually put the centerpieces together themselves. My mom ordered silver Blume Boxes to serve as vases & had a friend from her work help provide the flowers.

We were able to purchase the decorative ribbon through the Blume Box website & we lucked out being able to find a color & pattern so close to the rest of our wedding “stuff.”

Side note: We loved the Blume Boxes so much, we used them at our wedding, too:

Once the guests arrived at the shower, a variety of food was served buffet-style. Since it’s been so long (almost a year!) I can’t remember everything that was served, but I remember that there was salad, pasta, & a variety of sandwiches. I also remember being one of the first people to eat… naturally. Oh, & of course there was cake, too!

After lunch & a few shower games, it was time to open presents! Chris ended up joining in on the fun as well.

Even the little ladies had a fun time!

I wish I would have re-capped this sooner because I’m sure there a quite a few details I’m leaving out. It ended up being everything I hoped it would & I had a great time celebrating with my family & friends! :-)

With my sister & mom!

If you’re married, share a memory of YOUR bridal shower! If you’re single, would you like a surprise shower or one you know about in advance? I knew about my shower; I’m not a fan of surprises!

Your shower looks beautiful! :) ….So fun to spend time with family and friends! And those flowers! Ooooh- ahhhh!
    My favorite shower memory- when my mom got me an easy bake oven! …..I told her after I was grown how much I had longed for one when I was a child and joked about my childhood being shortchanged. So, she gave me one right before I got married! :)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Making its Grand Entrance….. Introducing….My Profile

So cute! My sister & I always give my parents a hard time because we never got one of those Power Wheels that was like a mini car! HAHA Sadly, I did not receive one of those at my shower! ;-)

2. Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat says:

My cousin did my shower and she did a game where there are different photos of me at different ages and everyone had to guess my age in each photo. It was fun cause she had some great pictures of me since we were basically attached at the hip growing up! (Some that I had never even seen before too!)

3. CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com says:

your bridal shower looks so beautiful and bright!!! i actually planned my own! ha! my sister was 17 and totally not interested at all in my wedding (she didnt even make a speech) so i took matters into my own hands and threw myself a killer party at Trattoria Fratelli, a really nice italian bistro in our town. It turned out fabulously :-) I am glad you have such good memories too!!!
    CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Socially AwkwardMy Profile

4. Michelle (Better with Berries) says:

Your shower looks like it was amazing! It seems like hosting a shower at a restaurant is the way to go – I’ve never thrown one myself, but I went to one at a restaurant last year and it seemed like everyone just got to relax and let the restaurant do the work :-)

Even though I LOVE surprises, I would want to know about my shower :-)
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Blackened Chicken Sandwiches with Pineapple “Aioli”My Profile

5. Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life says:

I had two bridal showers and I absolutely loved the adorable touches that we’re included. A family friend had Tim write 50 things he loved about me and then she put each thought on a piece of paper, then tied it to a rose. Whenever I was opening someone’s gift they read a reason my fiancé loved me out loud and then got to keep the rose as a shower favor. It was so sweet!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Don’t Judge a Book by its CoverMy Profile

6. Diana says:

Your bridal shower looks so pretty!

We did a co-shower so we had guys and girls there, along with my now-hubby, of course. ;) My friend who planned the shower was friends with a guy who owned a gorgeous house in town. It’s one of the ones they show on the home-tours in town – it’s so pretty! Anywho, he let us use his house for the shower, and it was such a wonderful place for the occasion. :)
    Diana recently posted..Low Key EasterMy Profile