Reeling It In

Hey everyone! Time for a little weekend re-cap!

First thing Saturday, I headed off to the gym & completed 45 minutes on the elliptical. When I workout using the elliptical, I vary my resistance & the workout usually looks a little something like this:

Simple, to the point, & works up a good sweat!

After the gym, I swung by Dunkin’ Donuts to pick up a breakfast that was very similar to Friday’s, except this time with an appearance of tots.

While snapping my breakfast photos, I noticed things were looking a lot greener in our backyard… hooray for spring!

Once breakfast was finished, it was time to tackle some cleaning. While Chris & I cleaned, Stewie “supervised”:

After powering through an hour & a half of cleaning (& pulling out some Easter decorations!) it was time to quickly get ready for some farmer’s market shopping with my mom!

I picked up quite a few goodies – veggies, fresh deli meat, & all natural instant oatmeal.

I made a bowl (about 1 1/2 servings) for breakfast this morning & loved the taste. It’s not unlike the Quaker fruit & cream instant oatmeal packets; however, you can definitely tell it’s not as loaded with sugar!

I topped my bowl with chia seeds for extra staying-power, & enjoyed a mug of coffee on the side.

The rest of my day has been spent doing “Sunday things” – church, laundry, grocery store, & prepping for the work week ahead.

For dinner tonight, I made a favorite of mine – undone stuffed pepper casserole:

And because my sweet tooth has been raging lately, I whipped up Gracie’s Cookie Cake for One, which I made with chocolate cake mix.

It was absolutely delicious, & the portion was enough that I was actually rather stuffed afterwards, which brings me to my final topic for the evening…

Starting tomorrow, I’m really going to work on “reeling it in.” I’ve grown to sort of hate the idea of a “fresh start on Mondays” mentality, but it does sort of make sense, doesn’t it? (That’s definitely not to say I’m going to stuff myself silly tonight… not the case!)

Lately, I haven’t been feeling as great as I have in the not-so-distant past, & I know it’s because I’m not fueling my body with the best options. Is a individual-sized cookie cake something to worry about? Well, no, not exactly. But if I’m being honest with myself, I’ve been indulging way more than usual & way more than necessary.

Tomorrow is a new start at being more aware of what I’m eating & why I am eating. Am I really hungry, or am I just eating that peanut butter egg after dinner out of habit?

I was thinking of sharing all of my eats for the next week; not necessarily in picture form, but at least typed out here on my blog to serve as some sort of accountability. I’m hoping a few days of being ultra-conscious will help me to reel my eating habits back in.

Do you ever feel the need to “reel it in,” or do you feel as though you have a good handle on your eating habits?

It was delicious! I had tried it once before & it didn’t turn out quite right but this time around it was perfect!

I had to start a food journal about a month ago just to figure out when & what I was eating- if it was too much or too little of something. It was really nice to be able to see it all out on paper- it makes you think before you put it in your mouth for sure! I wish you lots of luck and a perfect Monday tomorrow! :)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The *BIG* News!My Profile

2. Karen says:

I go through phases with me eating…sometimes I am really conscious of what I’m eating and other times I just eat whatever I want. I find it really helpful for me when I plan out all my meals. By knowing what I’m going to eat I don’t give myself the opportunity to eat mindlessly. I hope these next few days go well : )
    Karen recently posted..Workout Wrap-upMy Profile

3. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance says:

Oh yes, I definitely need to take a step back and “check myself” at times. There’s a difference between letting yourself indulge, and letting the indulgences indulge on you (it makes sense in my brain.)

I recently had to take some time off of froyo because I was REALLYY overdoing it too often and found myself craving sweets at all times of the day, which is never a good sign for me. Writing down your eats to be held accountable sounds like a great idea too– We’ll be here supporting you!
    Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Cocoa Beach DayMy Profile

4. Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life says:

I can totally relate to this! I feel like every Monday I ‘get back on track’, but I definitely have been indulging to much lately and probably need to reel it back in during the week too. We have cake, cookies, brownies at least 3 times a week in my office and very rarely lately do I say no. Indulging is okay on fun occasions, but not when I literally feel addicted to the sugar!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Monday Already?My Profile

It’s definitely standard for me to indulge more on the weekends, but like you’ve said, I’ve been pretty lax during the week lately too. Every day is a new day, so I’ll keep trying to improve!