New Trader Joe’s Finds

Hi friends!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Sunday. Mine was filled with running some errands, one of which was a stop at Trader Joe’s!

The Trader Joe’s closest to me is about 40 minutes away, so it’s not every week that I venture to it; actually, the last time I was there was over Christmas break!

Chris & I stocked up on some of our “usuals” (lobster ravioli for me, dried fruit galore for him), but I also spotted a few new items that I simply couldn’t resist!

First up, peanut butter cups trax mixmilk chocolate peanut butter cups in a blend of fruit & nuts.

I just couldn’t resist the mini peanut butter cups in this mix! At $4.99, it was a little on the pricey side – especially for the ever-affordable Trader Joe’s – but I’m hoping that it’ll be worth it!

The other, even more exciting item of the day…

Cocoa almond spread!!!

Forgive me if this has been around for a while, but I’ve never spotted it at TJ’s before! I couldn’t resist have just a tiny sample when we returned home & the verdict is… I love it! Seriously, if you leave near Trader Joe’s run out & get this… right now.

I love Nutella, but I think this is even better. It tastes exactly like chocolate-covered almonds & is a lot less oily than I’ve found Nutella to be. Another $4.99 well spent!

After Trader Joe’s, Chris & I stopped for an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.

Of course, I started the meal off with a few slices of their irresistible bread.

For my dinner, I chose something off of the Skinnylicious menu. I decided on the turkey & avocado sandwichfreshly roasted turkey breast, smoked bacon, avocado, tomato, & mayonnaise on a toasted bun. Served with a green salad.

The sandwich was actually really, really good & the salad – although simple – wasn’t half bad either! I think this was the first time I’ve left The Cheesecake Factory without feeling like I needed someone to roll me out.

Don’t think I left without dessert, though. Chris & I always prefer to take our cheesecake to go. There’s something so fun about being able to eat cheesecake in your pjs while watching Friends episodes on DVD. No? Just us? Oh well, we think it’s pretty great!

Tonight I got Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple – creamy cheesecake swirled with caramel, peanut butter, Butterfingers, & Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Definitely an indulgent choice for today’s dessert, but I was “good” & didn’t eat any other sweets today (plus, it’s Sunday, after all! ;-) ).

What are some of your favorite Trader Joe’s products? Any must-haves for my next trip?

What’s your favorite kind of cheesecake? I’ve yet to meet a CF cheesecake I haven’t liked!

1. Pamela says:

The Cocoa Almond Spread sounds delicious. I’ve surprisingly never shopped at Trader Joe’s! By the way, I couldn’t talk B into going to Seasons 52 with me because he didn’t want to go out to dinner “to eat healthy”, so we will definitely have to go! :)
    Pamela recently posted..Molly’s Pepper PastaMy Profile

Definitely check your schedule & let me know when you’re free! I know I said this weekend or the weekend of the 23rd, but pretty much any weekend EXCEPT the 16th/17th works for me! :-) Have a good week at work!

2. Sara says:

The PB Trax Mix looks awesome! Meg’s bf lives above a Trader Joe’s so I must hit it up when I’m down in Philly!! :) I have never been inside one! Everything on your blog always looks delish and makes me hungry!! hehe!

Ah, yes! You must go in next time your in Philly (or go to the one by KOP). There are lots of good deals!

3. Ashley @ Eating Tech says:

The best cheesecake I’ve had from Cheesecake Factory might have been there only for a limited time – it was years ago and I haven’t seen it on the menu since (unless I’m just that enamored with all the choices). It was chocolate peanut butter cookie dough. I’ve never thought to put peanut butter cookie dough in something instead of the traditional chocolate chip cookie dough. It was heavenly… and on that note, I think it’s time for dessert haha!

4. Carrie purchase@myhealthyaddictions says:

I love cheesecake!!! My favorite is prob the white chocolate raspberry mt husband made for my birthday a few years ago- it was AMAZING! :)

I saw that almond butter and was SO intrigued–I should have picked it up! I will next time!

Gosh, I miss living near a TJ’s! Chase is working down in Philly this month so he just stocked up on their chunky applesauce and TONS of their kettlecorn!

I am actually not a huge cheesecake person–however, it is Chase’s favorite. He LOVES the snickers and also the key lime.
    Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..AWP Part II and Bad Travel LuckMy Profile

6. Lindsay @ Fuel My Family says:

I just went to trader joes for the first time last weekend! My favorite buys were the seaweed snacks and some flax and black bean tortilla chips. SO good. We almost bought that cocoa almond butter spread, but we held off since we have quite the stash of nut butters already. Next time!
    I LOVE any sort of cheesecake but I think I just like plain with a slightly sweetened strawberry glaze on top best. Since I love the taste of cheesecake so much I feel like peanut butter and other flavors sometimes cover up the taste of the cream cheese.
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Vacation at the WaterparkMy Profile

7. Steph @ StephSnacks says:

I’ve never seen that mix before! It looks delicious. And I’ve been eyeing that chocolate spread for quite some time but when I spotted the last jar of cookie butter–I chose the cookie butter instead. Next time I’ll get the chocolate! As for that cheesecake–I think I would take a nose dive straight into it!
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Dear SocietyMy Profile