Hi everyone; I hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start! This weekend is a little crazy for me…
I promised myself that I would take no more than a month to get through research papers I collected from my students at the end of January. A month may seem like a long time, but trust me, they take a while. Anyway, I’m about to hit that deadline, & I absolutely need to complete them this weekend.
Couple that with a family birthday tonight (Chris’s mom) & normal weekend errands tomorrow, & I’ve got a busy weekend!
Since I’ve noticed some new readers popping up (hi!), I thought I’d re-post a recipe from back in August (ah, summer!). This re-post actually reminded me how tasty this meal was, & I’m thinking of adding it to our “menu” for this coming week! Enjoy!
Originally posted August 26, 2011.
I modeled this dinner off of Campbell’s Slow Cooker Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce, but made quite a few changes (sun-dried tomatoes are kind of expensive, in case you didn’t know!).
Slow Cooker Tomato Artichoke Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup
- About 1 cup white wine (I just “eyeballed” the amount I added)
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 jar artichoke hearts (drained & chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Brown rice
- Combine the soup, wine, garlic powder, artichoke hearts, & tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add the chicken, & turn to coat the chicken with the soup mixture.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (I did 8, but 7 would be plenty).
- Serve chicken on a bed of brown rice, & top with extra soup mixture & basil.
This was a delicious & very filling meal. I actually couldn’t finish my portion, even though I really wanted to!
What’s your favorite slow-cooker meal? I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before, but I love hearing new ideas!
How’s your weekend going? Is it busy, like mine, or more low- key?