At-Home Workouts

We’ve made it to Wednesday; half-way to the weekend! I feel like I’ve had a lot on my plate this week & I’m just trying to keep my head above water. While I do have parent-teacher conferences tomorrow night, Friday is a half-day & we have off on Monday, so I’m hoping the extended weekend will give me a chance to catch up on life!

If you’ve ever checked out my Workout Log, you’ve probably noticed that my workouts are usually always completed at the gym. I frequent both BodyPump & spin classes, & when I’m not attending a class, I can usually be found on the elliptical.

I did complete an at-home strength workout a few weeks back, but for the most part, I don’t feel like I get that great of a workout at home. Plus, I don’t have any “real” workout equipment – just a set of hand weights.

However, as I mentioned at the start of this post, I’ve been swamped lately. Tonight, I just knew that spin wasn’t happening, & that even though I fully intended to do something at home, it had to be quick.

(source)

I perused a few websites & contemplated digging out an old workout video from our storage closet (I quickly passed on this idea!). I settled on doing some quick ab work (sit-ups + a plank) & completed this 10-minute cardio kickboxing workout from Spark People.

I definitely didn’t feel like I got as good of a workout as I would have at spin class, but I have to accept that sometimes the gym just isn’t feasible or logical when my to-do list is out of control.

So, seeing as I want to incorporate more at-home workouts into my fitness routine, tonight’s question is…

What are your favorite at-home workouts? Share your links, please!

Which do you prefer and/or which do you do more often – workout at home or the gym?

1. Sara says:

Do you follow Women’s Heath Magazine on Twitter? They usually have workouts they tweet that you can download right on your iPod. :)

2. Steph @ StephSnacks says:

I definitely prefer to go to the gym after work, but lately I’ve been thinking that it would also be worth it to wake up 25 minutes earlier to get in a 20 minute workout before the work day. When I do a workout at home, I like to do a Jillian Michaels DVD because she’s super challenging. Also, if you check out Tone It Up’s website, they have tons of great workouts!
    Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..What I’m Loving This Valentine’s DayMy Profile

3. Kalee says:

I know we talked about this a few posts ago,…but I love working out at home! I subscribed to Oxygen magazine (oxygenmag.com) about a year ago, and they have awesome free weight workouts. I also like BodyRockTV.com. The woman that runs it has high quality videos and even has some “Cross Fit” type workouts everyone is loving right now. I also love ChaLEAN Extreme. I just pop in the dvd and follow along. I’m doing it for the 3rd time right now. http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/CHALEAN?referringRepId=134923
    Kalee recently posted..Mad Money & Saving on My “Better with Age” YogurtMy Profile

4. Pamela says:

I will have to check out that Kickboxing video! I’m always looking for new workouts that I can do at home. With my job starting next week (and the commute), I do not see myself getting to the gym a lot. In addition to my favorite DVDs (Body by Bethenny & MTV Pilates), I find a lot of good, quick workouts on Pinterest!
    Pamela recently posted..Chicken FiestaMy Profile

I am SO bad at at-home workouts. Doing yoga dvds is about as good as it gets for me, and I rarely can motivate myself to go that far. I really need the “get-out-of-the-house” and go to they gym “event.” I am a BIG gym person. I kind of have a love affair with the treadmill!
    Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..27th Birthday RecapMy Profile

I wish I had a treadmill/eliptical at home because then I would definitely feel better about an at-home workout every now & then!