This past Saturday night, I tried out a new dinner recipe that I quickly deemed Valentine’s-worthy. So, if you’re looking for a simple yet tasty recipe to whip up for your significant other, give this a try!
Bruschetta Chicken (adapted from this recipe)
- 4-5 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (I used pre-cooked to save time!)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomato vinaigrette (could substitute any non-fruity vinaigrette)
- A few sprinkles of dried basil
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper, & basil, for 1-2 minutes on each side (you may have to “up” the time if you don’t use the thin-sliced chicken breasts).
- Pour your chosen vinaigrette over the chicken & cook through.
- Remove chicken from the skillet, & cover to keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes & scallion to the pan & cook until heated through.
- Serve the chicken breasts topped with the tomato “dressing.”
I can’t say it enough; I love dinners that are quick & easy, yet don’t lack in the taste department. Plus, the festive red coloring of the dish makes it perfect for February 14th!
We kept our side dish simple by using a pre-made, American blend salad mix topped with the same dressing used in the chicken preparation.
Will you be making a special dinner to celebrate the holiday tomorrow? As I said earlier, I made this this past weekend, so it won’t be reappearing quite so soon. Actually, I think Chris is taking over in the kitchen tomorrow & trying out a new chili recipe!