Blog & You Shall Receive

Happy Sunday, people! I’ve got a lot to recap, so let’s get to it…

Yesterday morning began by unexpectedly sleeping in. I was slightly annoyed at myself for sleeping until 9:00AM because I wanted to get to the gym early & avoid the crowds. However, I quickly made the decision to forgo the gym, & get a jump-start on my to-dos around the apartment.

Chris ran to Wawa & picked us up some bagels as fuel for the apartment cleaning that was about to take place.

An everything bagel with tomato, cucumber, & light cream cheese

It was delicious!

After getting our cleaning done, I had a few things to work on for school & before I knew it, it was time to head to a day-early birthday dinner with my family. I didn’t snap any pictures at the actual meal, but I did take a photo of my leftovers which I ate for lunch today

Cheese ravioli + meatball

This picture doesn’t do the meal justice… it was fantastic!

After dinner last night, we all headed back to my parents’ house for birthday presents! Apparently, my parents & sister have been reading my blog, because I was gifted with two items that I’ve discussed on here before.

My sister gave me this LuLuLemon scuba hoodie (mentioned in this post):

(source)

And my parents gave me this Fossil watch (mentioned in this post):

I love both gifts & know I’ll get a lot of use out of them!

After presents, it was cupcake time! My mom went to a local cupcake place, Sublime, & picked up a half-dozen for us all to share.

I went with the banana-Nutella, with a side of party cake ice cream.

Today is my actual birthday, & so far I’ve gone to the gym, went to church, & made a dip for the Super Bowl party Chris & I will be attending! Not a shabby start to my 26th year.

I shared some Super Bowl snack ideas the other day in this post, & I ultimately decided to go with the artichoke dip (from MarthaStewart.com). I’m always excited to have an opportunity to break out my food processor, even if it does leave me with a bit of a mess to clean up.

The set-up

I bought some whole-grain Tostitos scoops for dipping, so here’s hoping this is a hit!

I made the very-wise decision to take a personal day tomorrow (woohoo!) so I’m excited to be able to enjoy the day without having to worry about preparing for the impending work week.

And with that, I’m off to get changed into some comfy attire before Chris & I hit the road!

What dessert do you usually have on your birthday? My mom usually makes me funfetti cake or cupcakes, but we switched things up this year!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)
    ….You got some really great gifts, they must really love you ;) This is going to be a great year for you, huh?! It’s off to a SUPER start! That cupcake sounds and looks out of this world! Mmmmm!
    I used to love ice cream cake on my birthday but the times have changed and I don’t usually get the same sweet treat every year….. Have a WONDERFUL personal day!!!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Heavenly Healthy Cake for OneMy Profile

Thank you Julie! I love ice cream cake! My husband’s family usually gets an ice cream cake whenever we celebrate birthdays, so I always look forward to that!

2. Lindsay @ biking before bed says:

Happy birthday Erica! Looks like you got some wonderful gifts. I have ice cream cake every year for my birthday. I think I have had one since I was 5. I am so excited because I will actually be with my family on my birthday for the first time in years.
    Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Done!My Profile

3. Pamela says:

Happy Birthday!! I love your hoodie and watch! :) I really need to try a Sublime cupcake. YUM! My grandmom makes the best birthday cake for all of us every year. It’s my absolute favorite. Hope you’re enjoying the Super Bowl!
    Pamela recently posted..Italian Meatball StewMy Profile

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great birthday weekend! I am so glad that you are taking a personal day! You need to relax post birthday! :) Your lululemon jacket looks darling and I love that watch!

Chase usually gets me a GIANT birthday cake with lots of frosting–being gluten-free this year will make it difficult. I am thinking maybe macaroons!
    Sally Anne @ PaleoRunnerGirl recently posted..February 5thMy Profile

Thanks Sally Anne! Chris’s family had a cake for me & it had tons of extra-sugary frosting which is my favorite (plus, there’s was lots for us to take home). I’ll eat some extra for you! ;-)

Cake on my bday — cake on ANY day actually — truly is the best thing ever! :-) It seems like there are A LOT of bloggers with late-January/February birthdays!

5. Jentry Nielsen says:

Hope you had a great birthday! I usually always do strawberry shortcake for my birthday dessert, one of my favorites! I too love funfetti though! :)
    That dip looks amazing! I saw on your post the other day, but think I am going to have to try making it now!

Thanks! :-)

I have another Fossil watch that’s purple & I LOVE it! I’m excited because I’ll be able to wear this one more frequently.