Unplanned Rest

Well, it finally happened.

(source)

I’m sick.

There’s definitely been something going around lately, so it was only a matter of time. People seem to either have a severe cold or some sort of stomach bug. For now, it appears as if I just have a cold, so fingers crossed that it only gets better & not worse!

Wednesdays are usually my spin days but since I wasn’t feeling so hot, I decided to push spin back to Friday. I usually stand firm on my stance that working out on Fridays is illegal (unless I can do so in the morning) but there’s an exception to every rule, I suppose!

Since Chris works on his music with his band every Wednesday, I was on my own for dinner. Nothing sounded better to me than my beloved “you pick 2” combo from Panera – 1/2 a sierra turkey & baked potato soup (not a healthy option, by any means).

So far, I’ve spent my evening curled up on the couch with my DVR & my little Stew-bot.

I’m off to get my breakfast & lunch ready prepped for tomorrow, then I’m heading to bed with the hopes of waking up feeling much better!

In your opinion, how sick is too sick to workout? There’s no doubt that I could have made it through spin class if I really tried, but the thought of it exhausted me so I decided to pass!

What a bummer! I was missing almost 1/2 of the kids from my class today because they were sick! I had no idea what to do with the kids with so many of them missing and the ones that were there were pretty sick too. :( YIKES for this whole sickness thing. I hope you feel better soon!
    I think that if I’m not feeling it and I’m sick, there is probably a reason I’m not feeling it. Also, if I can sweat it out a little bit, I’ll work out but if not I’m going to rest and take care of the body. You take care of your body! :)

We’ve had a lot out too… it seems like when they get sick it’s not just for a day, they’re knocked out for 3+ days, so I guess it was inevitable that I’d pick something up along the way!

I am SO sorry that you are sick! I hope you get better ASAP! However, I always crave Panera when I have a cold–that soup just hits the spot!

I am AWFUL at taking days off when I am sick–unless I have a fever or a crazy stomach bug, it is very hard to keep me off the treadmill. I am trying to get better at taking rest days because it often allows me to get better quicker!

It was pretty ridiculous that even though I felt sick, I drove 30 minute round-trip for soup, yet I was too lazy to make a second stop for some Nyquil… at least my priorities are in order! ;-)

3. Ashley @ Eating Tech says:

get well soon!! I think even the smallest bit of feeling sick is too sick to workout. it just doesn’t make sense to exert your energy when you’re already running on low and need to save all your energy to get better. when I get sick I do as little as possible until I’m 99% sure I’m better, not just kind of feeling better.

Thanks Ashley! I should have taken your advice & used a sick day today, but I’m pushing through! I’m sure one solid day of rest would have knocked this out of me!

Thanks! I really debated over whether or not to push myself because I knew I could physically do it & there was a good chance I would feel better; however, my laziness won out last night! I’ll hopefully be returning to the gym today based on how I feel throughout the work day!

4. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance says:

I’m sorry to hear that you arent feeling well! :( Take lots of vitamins and drink lots of fluids!

I usually have a pretty high tolerance for calling out sick– I’d have to be VERYYYY sick to not show up to something. I’m talking puking my brains out haha

Ditto — hence why I’m at work today! Good thing too because we just got an e-mail that a lot of teachers are out; glad I didn’t contribute to the problem even if I do feel crummy. Students beware today! ;-)

5. Nikki says:

Sometimes unplanned rest is the best option, especially when you aren’t feeling well! Curling up with soup and puppy sound likes the best option to me! I hope you feel better asap! :)

6. Kerry @ Totes My Oats says:

I hope you feel better! I have a sore throat but like you said, nothing’s worse than a stomach bug! So I’m thankful we don’t have that..too sick to work is for me is if my eyes are all watery and I’m sneezing every 5 seconds!