Chris Makes Dinner

Ok, so I feel really lame… on Sunday, I typed up a post outlining my December goals, one of which was to post daily. Then, what happened last night? I didn’t post! I can’t help but laugh at myself, but I promise, I had a good reason.

I think I mentioned this way back when I started the blog, but this school year I took over the position of yearbook advisor at the school where I work. Yesterday was our first deadline, & I ended up proofing pages for 5 hours last night!!! Needless to say, once 10:00PM rolled around, I couldn’t muster up a post… it just wasn’t happening. I hope everyone can forgive me! ;-)

The first thing I want to chat about this evening is a quick review of the new Starbucks K-Cups.

(source)

I spotted the new K-Cups during my weekly Target trip, & I had to pick some up to try. I really like Starbucks coffee (I know some people aren’t fans). Yesterday was my first time trying the house blend, & it was definitely stronger-tasting than I’m used to! This morning, I added in some extra creamer, & that seemed to improve the taste. I like things sweet (duh) so 2 Splendas + a healthy dose of creamer seem to do the trick! I also think I want to give the breakfast blend a try, since breakfast blends are usually a little lighter!

Today, Chris had off from work & offered to make dinner. I was planning on hitting up BodyPump (at least I can stick to some of my goals), so I happily took him up on his offer.

I always usually make dinner for the two of us. Chris decided to “create” something new & came up with a new spin on a chicken cheese-steak.

He sautéed chicken that he coated in spices, & also caramelized onions. He put this mixture atop a layer of provolone cheese, & toasted the entire sandwich in the oven for a few minutes.

I actually really loved the flavor of this sandwich; I’ll have to get a run-down of exactly what spices he used! We both agreed though that it needed some kind of sauce. However, any evening when I’m off dinner duty is a happy one for me. :-)

Sorry for the crummy photo quality – my camera battery is dead so these are compliments of my handy phone camera!

Before I sign-off for the evening, just for fun…

This picture cracks me up!

Are you a fan of Starbucks? Have you tried the K-Cups yet?

Who usually makes dinner in your household?

1. Pamela says:

I love Starbucks Mistos (1/2 coffee, 1/2 steamed milk), but I find the regular coffee to be very strong! I would probably have to add a good amount of sugar and creamer to make it sweeter! I want to try a few of the seasonal K-cups, like the Gingerbread and White Chocolate Mint!

I am so pumped to try the SBUX Kcups. I love Starbucks coffee and I love my Krueig so I’m sure it will be a match made in heaven.

Aww, go Chris!! He’s kind of creative in the kitchen. :)

I love Starbucks! ….I only get it once every other month or so- I know, the middle of nowhere again…… K cups seem to be awesome but I’ve never tried them. Is it more expensive than brewing coffee in a pot with a whole can? I’m assuming yes, but I don’t know how much of a difference it would be.
    LOVE when the husband can make his own supper. It makes my night!

I think the price all depends. I only drink 1 cup of coffee per day & my husband doesn’t drink any, so for us it makes sense to have a single-serve coffee maker. The initial investment of buying a Keurig is a little pricey, & the K-Cups vary betwee $9-$14 for a pack of 14-18 K-Cups!

4. Sara says:

Yay Chris!! He’s really moving up in the world of cooking ;). Looks delish!! Stewie is just TOO cute – this picture is so silly. <3 him!!

5. Nikki says:

Ahhh how nice of him! :) I am glad it turned out well! I typically make dinner for myself…and if Travis is here, I make food for the both of us! He isn’t the most skilled in the kitchen…

6. Rachel says:

I am a Dunkin Fan, Starbucks is to pricey for my budget lol. Dan is usually the cook and he is damn good at it too. I would never offer to cook unless it’s take out or pasta. Tell Chris those sandwiches look delish!! Stewie is the cutest pug I know, I think that picture is priceless :-).

7. Baking Serendipity says:

A Keurig is on my Christmas list before I can try the K cups! I was a yearbook editor in high school and so remember those late nights before deadlines. Now that I’m a teacher, I’m thankful each day I haven’t been suckered into the yearbook advisor job yet! You are awesome for taking it :)

The woman who used to do it recently had a baby… she told me that the way people usually get out of it is to have a kid! haha Well, guess I’m stuck for a few years…

Life seems to always get crazy at the worst time possible! Yearbook is such a time commitment–good luck!

Chris is a GREAT cook! My goodness, those subs look delicious. When Chase cooks dinner it means pouring cereal in a bowl! :)

By the way, this post make me want a Keurig SO much!