I’ll be honest… I had to fight the urge to write another wedding post tonight. However, I figured that I haven’t actually posted about food recently, so the next wedding re-cap will have to wait!
It might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I actually really appreciate the “shout-out”! I think about all of my favorite blogs, & am honored to think that someone (apparently two people!) look forward to my little ramblings!
Anyway, the award is meant to be passed onto a few of my top blogs! My Google reader is growing by the day, & of course I love reading both Pam’s & Julie’s blogs, but here are 5 other blogs that I also enjoy!
1) Cait @ Cait’s Plate
2) Steph @ Steph Snacks
3) Dani @ Squirrel Snackin’
4) Lauren @ Say What you Need to Say
5) Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries
The inspiration for tonight’s dinner came, once again, from the good ‘ole Campbell’s Kitchen!
Weekends always scream “take-out” to me, & I knew if I couldn’t find something that was quick, simple, & required minimal clean-up, take-out is what I would resort to.
Enter… Lemon Herb Chicken Primavera!
- 1 1/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 2 chicken breasts because that’s all I had. To “stretch” the protein, I cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces!)
- Garlic powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. milk (I used reduced-fat.)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Dried basil
- ~16 ounces frozen veggies (I used a combo of broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots.)
- Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder. (I also seasoned with salt & pepper.)
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, & cook the chicken for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the soup, milk, lemon juice, basil, & veggies in the skillet & heat everything to a boil. Cover & cook for 10 minutes.
As I was waiting for everything to cook through, I fixed up a quick side salad, topped with the last of the crouton bag (I’ve got to remember to add croutons to my grocery list!).
This wasn’t gourmet by any means, but it did the trick & saved me some money!
Off to do laundry enjoy a rockin’ Friday night!
How often do you resort to take-out? Chris & I usually have “pizza night” at least once a week!