Before we get to the three ingredient pumpkin sauce, let’s take a little looksy at the upcoming forecast here in the northeast, shall we?
Rain/snow showers?! Say what?! Please, it’s not even November yet… fingers crossed for no snow on Saturday!
Did you know today, October 26, is National Pumpkin Day?
It seems only natural that I supply a pumpkin recipe in celebration of the holiday! 😉 What makes this recipe even better? You only need three ingredients!
Three Ingredient Pumpkin Sauce
- About 2 tbsp. brie cheese (I’m sure another cheese could be substituted.)
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c. milk (I used reduced-fat)
- Salt & pepper to taste (We all have these on-hand, so they don’t count as “ingredients”!)
- Soften the brie in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin & milk to the cheese & add salt & pepper to taste; whisk together until smooth.
So simple! This reminded me of macaroni & cheese, only the pumpkin/cheese sauce was much lighter-tasting, which I actually preferred!
I served the sauce over a small bowl of pasta, which I enjoyed with a salad for a quick, post-spin dinner!
Are you celebrating National Pumpkin Day? What’s your favorite way to enjoy the fall fruit? (Yes, it’s a fruit & yes, I had to look that up!)