Hi all; hope you’re all having a fabulous Wednesday – we made it halfway through the week!
I have a quick recipe to share this evening. It’s been a busy day, but hopefully I’ll be able to write more tomorrow since it will be my weekday rest day!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (I used low-sodium)
- Sprinkle of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 a package of spaghetti
- Stir the chicken, soy sauce, & garlic salt together in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture & cook through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the peanut butter & 2/3 of the chopped scallions to the skillet & cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet & heat through.
- Serve chicken on top of spaghetti & garnish with additional scallions.
The original recipe called for some picante sauce, & I think I might try to add that in the next time I cook this meal. I’m not a huge fan of soy sauce, but the flavors eventually grew on me; I just think adding some type of sauce might help elevate this dish to the next level!
And just because I feel like it, this evening I’ll leave you with a picture of my favorite little guy:
What are you looking forward to this weekend? My favorite things about the weekends are getting the chance to just relax & catch up on work. I know that sounds silly (who likes to do work?!) but I like to feel like I’m on top of things & I usually lose that feeling during the week!